Sunday, February 05, 2006

You...



I look at the golden band on my finger and wonder if it means anything?

I think of the balmy summer evening, our fingers entwined looking into the vast expanse of the sea before us, staring into a uncertain future...

I think of the long bike rides at night, holding you tightly against me...afraid to let go...

Of the conversations at 'Coffee', of the hide 'n seek games with relatives and friends...

Of sitting at the cinema hall, trying to hide from your cousins...

Of the day-long shoots, of the zoom-in 'n zoom outs which made me impatient till I realised the beauty of those shots...

Of exotic dinners at the best eats-outs 'n of broke days famished for good food...

Of the best New Years eve, kissing under the bright sky with crackers bursting every second...

Of shivering with fever 'n having no one but the comfort of your arms around me...

Of wanting and yet, waiting for the right moment...

Of looking into your eyes and seeing a uncertain and yet a sure future...

Of going back to an empty bed night after night and still finding you next to me...

Of fighting, crying and throwing things...

Of almost forgetting your face but still remembering your smell, your touch 'n your taste...

There is so much of you I still don't know...there is a lot about you thats so familiar and that familiarity is comforting but for all that I don't know and that I'm waiting to discover, I'm impatient to discover...

Discover a new side of you....a you I've never known...I want to discover the responsible you...will you ever evolve from being the careless lover to a resposible husband? I don't know...I wanna discover...have i discovered the real lover?

32 Comments:

Blogger : M : said...

brilliant...and yet you hit me where it hurts, drawing on all my latent fears about my guy and me...

damn you're good!

1:49 PM  
Blogger : M : said...

P.S- i so love it that you have not turned word verification on- it really annoys me to have to peer at my laptop when im half asleep or piss drunk!

1:49 PM  
Blogger : M : said...

ok im thoroughly making a pest of myself here- but you said PNPC- you a bong????

1:53 PM  
Blogger acidrocks said...

Awesomely written.I can just say that who ever this person he is definitely very lucky to have you.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

caffeine-addict:thanks! me a cocktail...half-bong!

1:57 AM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

acidrocks: nvbi

2:07 AM  
Blogger : M : said...

ah..im a bong by default having lived in calcutta almost all my life :D

8:06 AM  
Blogger SeizeTheNite said...

There are so many possibilites...
I hope it works out the way you want it to.

10:47 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

awesome...makes me envious. almost.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

m: Its not always a bed of roses...believe u me!

1:47 PM  
Blogger death said...

a baby' wishlist. doesn't last. but atleast you had it some point in time

8:35 PM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

death: True its a wishlist...hope it comes true some time.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

divs: thanks :)

7:57 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

Hi there!
Very well written indeed ... life has been good to you my friend ... for many seek love in vain ... and may u always have this love warming your heart.... always...

"will you ever evolve from being the careless lover to a resposible husband?"
Keep us posted on this front! :)

Wish u and ur sweet heart all da very best! :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

this was very beautiful. was trying to comment but blogger played up.

9:21 PM  
Blogger ghetufool said...

hey roshomon,
that's a LOVELY piece of poetry.
coudn't help but to salute you. great.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

anup, dreamcatcher: thanks

7:52 PM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

keertz: I'm not sure if he feels that lucky always.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

ghetufool: If I made poetry...it was unintended.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Crizzie Criz! said...

Rashomon, the first thing that made me say 'awesome' was the photograph. Its so ....well, sur-real and serene. I was wondering what would one write to capture the beauty of that one picture in a thousand words.

Well, it didnt take you a 1000 words, it just took you 292. Beautiful, moving, poignant.

Its 1.30 in the morning, i just called up my girl friend. I rest my case!

12:03 PM  
Blogger acidrocks said...

He definitely knows he is very lucky..btw ..who is this lucky guy..? from the film industry..?

3:09 PM  
Blogger : M : said...

hiya..how you doing?

8:55 AM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

crizzie criz: I'm flattered.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

acidrocks: He is more filmy than I had ever imagined him to be.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

caffeine addict: Me fine...will be a back with a post soon.

9:22 AM  
Blogger : M : said...

can i link you on my blog?

11:14 AM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

Caffeine addict: Yeah sure! Sorry, I linked you without asking.

6:46 PM  
Blogger : M : said...

oh thats cool- i dont mind at all.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Crizzie Criz! said...

well, we are all waiting for the new post you promised, and can you tell me where you got that snap f the bangle and book from? it is really mesmerising, beautiful shot

12:05 AM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

crizzie criz: the pics are from a site called deviantart.com, check it out,the pics are really cool.

6:45 AM  
Blogger acidrocks said...

He is definitely happy go lucky type of a person who tries to be happy all the time..filmi..? i am not sure about that but then i guess he is little bit like that..

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would you want to make a responsible husband out of a careless lover.
Responsible husband are found dime a dozen but a careless lover is a thing to treasure.
Life is ugly, let it take its own recourse. Maybe oneday, without you asking for it, he will chosse to be a responsible husband.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home