Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Small mercies...



We are complaining all the time...at least I am, most of the time...but today when I was walking to office I felt grateful, grateful for the little things in life...probably the after effects of mom's farewell speech on having a grateful heart...

I realised that in the last 6 months in this new office, among other things...whether I liked it or not I got to see some early mornings(the last time that happened, I guess was when we had to catch the early morning Kalka Express for Calcutta) but I'm grateful, I had almost forgotten how it felt to wake up at the crack of dawn, shivering in the Delhi winters, looking out at a foggy morning and wondering which insane moment in my life had prompted me to decide on journalism as a career...

I am grateful that there are friends I can turn to...I was so used to having M 'n R hold my hand through all the difficult moments when I was in Cal and then Sam and Sid in my college days. When I put my head on the pillow last evening after Ma n Baba left and I felt hot tears trickle down my face, I was grateful that M came back early from office and S got me dinner.

I'm scared, lonely, worried and tense but like Kevin Spacey said in American Beauty...
"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and
then it flows through me like rain
and I can't feel anything but
gratitude for every single moment
of my stupid little life...

1 Comments:

Blogger acidrocks said...

nice blog. small things make a lot of difference in our stupid lives. small things makes us happy and our loved ones make us feel special.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home