Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Some friends are friends forever


Last evening I had a great time...met two of my closest friends (at least,they were the closest for quite a while in my life).

Met Sam after 3 years, it's difficult to believe that is really been that long...we stayed together once and met each other everyday...anyway, it was nice seeing her...she's much the same...ethnic earnings with traditional clothes, talkative, warm and confused.

Her lovelife never fails to amuse me...she drifts from one relationship to the other and feels as strongly for one as she felt for the other a month back...but her faith in Sai Baba is unfailing and though the object of her affection keeps changing every few months, she is confident that HE'll see her through...

She told me yesterday that she's realised why she's 'in n out' of relationships all the time...she says no matter what, at end of the day you need someone to cuddle-up with...guess thats true...but what I like about her is, she always has a guy ready in the wings when she is about to run out of someone to cuddle-up with.

Anyway, was sitting in Barista, sipping coffee and having this amazing Sex and The City style conversation, talking about our life and her loves...and just behind her sat a teenage couple making me feel very uncomfortable...I don't want to behave like the Meerut policewoman but it was really awkward seeing these trying to put their fingers into each other's mouths or whatever...well, probably not, probably its just my sexual frustration...But honestly, I couldn't even imagine a very young me doing something like that in a crowded cafe. Guess, this is the generation next and no matter how we feel, we are actually on the wrong side of 20.

P walked in little later and when we told him about the cosy couple, he tried to thoroughly embarrass me by putting his arms around me and stuff. Sam left a little later.

P n I headed to go to Bercos (the chicken drumsticks there are really juicy and by far the best in Delhi). But we were going around in circles unable to locate it...the wind was chilly and with the terrific dressing sense that P has (he was wearing a thin cardigan)I was afraid that he'll be laid down with pnuemonia, if we don't find the place soon.

Anyway, a great dinner, a few smokes, a terrific round of bitching/PNPC session later...headed back home, feeling nice and warm.

Some friendships are like that, no matter where you leave it, no matter how long...its never difficult to re-connect.