Wednesday, December 14, 2005

As Good As It Gets...



From the first moment that I thought of becoming a journalist, I had heard the name Christiane Amanpour (thanks to my well-read brother). Back then, I had looked at him like a fool and he said in his 'you-dumbass, you should be better read' condescending voice that his so like elder-siblings, "You wanna be a journalist and you don't know who Christiane Amanpour". It felt like the "yeh PSPO nahi janta ad".

And today, I got a chance to share a byline with her. She had sent a story from Baghdad and it had to be written and visually edited here, since I did all that and voiced it, we shared a byline.

And everytime, its a big story I'm in a mortal fear that someone or the other would scream at me. And true enough a little later I heard an loud questions on how and why did I dare to share a byline with Christiane Amnapour (as if I chose to do it, I was told to do so by our Foreign Editor).

And just when I wanted the earth to open and me to be swallowed in and wondered why on earth did I offer to do the story...my knight in shining armour came in, not only did he send a mail saying that this kind of stories should be done more often, he said in front of the entire office that he really liked it. Oh God! Why didn't time just freeze then? He looked and mentioned my name and said, "You did it right? I liked it".

He knows my name!!(squeal, squeal) The above mentioned sentence is just rewinding and playing in my mind over and over again...Big B you are the greatest!!

For I had the time of my LIFE....

This is as good as it can get...I guess...Thanks to the God of small things and the God of All things....

We are not even on air now...the kick of small joys.

Mein yahan tukdo pe ji rahi hun

Swear man! Can't believe that coming from him such a small things seems so Good!

Having mental visions of being in the Oprah Winfrey show and saying,"You know when I started....people doubted me....)By then, I'm a hi-profile journalist who covers wars across the world. (Why can't i feel like that, AIR rejected Amitabh Bachchan for Gods sake!)

10 Comments:

Blogger acidrocks said...

Hey good one and congrats !!!! small things bring in a lot of happinness. To hear some appreciation and that too from your boss and in front of everbody is pretty nice. I hope he continues to appreciate you guys in the same way and keep you going with great spirits. "on top of the world"...? i totally get it.

2:46 AM  
Blogger death said...

who's big B? And you into CNN?

4:07 AM  
Blogger death said...

i used to admire CNN. but those gagoons sold THEIR IRAQ to the world. And i hate them for it.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

divs: he rocks man! there's no one like him. thanks for watching the story.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

death: Big B is one of the coolest guys in office.
and no comments on your second point.

6:27 AM  
Blogger death said...

hee hee ;)roshomon is such a nice name :-) I should come here more often :P

9:21 PM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

death: thanks...i hope u come here for more than just the name!

8:22 AM  
Blogger ghetufool said...

congrats roshomon for sharing the limelight.
yes, its a moment of glory to be retained lifelong.
wish someday Christiane Amnapour looks forward to share the byline with you.
cheers.
p.s. tell your me-myself-and my family brother, he never hints for this type of suggestion to budding journos like us.
always faltu talks. looks like preparing his own people for the competition, the rest go to hell.

1:37 PM  
Blogger thorswheels said...

Congrats!!!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

fool: thanks

ghetufool: thanks! don't wanna get too ambitious.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home