Sunday, January 01, 2006

Yearender


When the world partied on 31st December and celebrated the fact that the next day was Sunday and there was no need to worry about a hangover... I set my clock for 6 in the morning for my morning shift. While the world slept in the warmth of their blankets, snugging close to their loved ones, I was shivering in the car looking out at the foggy morning, hoping it would be a quite day with no news flashes.(I hate doing ticker...who the hell cares about the scrolling line, I personally feel it distracts you from the news, even Ma agrees but they insist that a channel's image depends on the damn thing).

As I have said earlier, such is life and we shall live...the flashes on Jan 1st, Sunday- Sampark Kranti express derails, no casualties
Six burnt alive at Raghopur in Bihar
And a few rapes reported
All the scheduling for feel good stories go for a toss and we are reporting one morbid story after the other....

I don't believe in New Year resolutions but I promise myself to try and be positive...so the highlights were mom n dad were here, F sent me a cool sweatshirt n roses, watched Bluffmaster, spent sometime with my niece, who I met after a year but we instantly clicked and my maternal intincts were just overflowing.

There was a party on the 30th, had a great time, it was like a reunion, met almost everyone from our batch in Delhi, free booze and great ambience. Danced after a long time, music and food was good.

Anyway, looking to a better year ahead.

2 Comments:

Blogger acidrocks said...

I had kept mine at 8 .... had a full day's work and came back home at 10.30 pm ...new year's eve ...31st dec 11.59 pm...clock ticking to 2006....all these made no sense this time..

7:21 PM  
Blogger death said...

yeah, sensible. true. mature. kinda cool, would'nt you say !

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home