Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Missing Dad


Going back to an empty house is difficult...when I had gone to get the food packed I didn't have to worry about whether Dad will like mustard sauce with his sandwich better than white sauce...
Its not that I have not lived alone before...I have lived alone and in stranger places, where I didnot understand what my landlady said and she banned all my friends including girls to visit me...
Anyway thats for a different post....
I realised that in this one year, I got to know my dad more than I knew him during the 18 years that I stayed with him. Before this Dad was like this quite person for whom everything was fine, he had no specific likes and dislikes,he was a man limited needs...
In the last one-year I have watched all my movies with him, all my coffee and dinner outings were with him and I realised how little I knew him. He loved watching movies, he laughed and cried in the movies, he loved butter popcorn. He liked Cafe Mocha in Barista and prefered Chinese to any other cuisine. He has strong opinions about a lot of things apart from religion. He is easily hurt by people from his own family and cares little about what other people say. He hates unambitious people. He dislikes the fact that he has been brought up in a way that he is very cautious before he does anything.
He loves traveling, we had a blast at Ajmer, Pushkar and Mussorie (the trips in the last 1 year).
His faith is unshakeable and that brings the peace that we have always seen but he is not illogical and hates the blind beliefs that have crept in. I miss the heated debates I used to have with him on religion...
I'm reallly grateful to God that I got to spend quality time with him this year...Miss You Baba!

4 Comments:

Blogger acidrocks said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:59 AM  
Blogger acidrocks said...

hey that was an awesome blog . Really well written.

3:12 PM  
Blogger thorswheels said...

Moving. Reminds me of my last few months in Delhi.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Tridib said...

Great post. As time goes by, I realise that a lot of what I am today, whether I like it or not, is because of this man.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home