Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Islam misinterpreted



Blasts rip through Paharganj, Sarojini Nagar and Govindpuri and for a moment I just feel numbed...62 dead, 6 bodies lying unindentified charred beyond recognition and 100s scarred forever...it could have been any of us...As J stepped in, I couldn't believe it...we were actually calling each of our friends to ensure they were fine.

I sit here wondering does my religion teach this? As I gulp the first sip of water after a day-long roza and feel a sense of peace...I wonder how does their mind work?
Jehad? What Jehad? Holy war against kaafirs (non-believers)? Who kaafir? There could have been so many Muslims doing their last weekend shopping before Eid.

Islam doesn't teach this...I don't have the unquestioning faith my dad has...but I wonder shaken, which interpretation of The Quran asks you to kill...

I feel disillusioned at times...

Read this...Bismillah...In the name of Almighty Allah...the most gracious and the most merciful...

6 Comments:

Blogger Anisa said...

wow...it means so much that you would use my post! thanks so much. it makes me so angry that people twist and turn our religion. we just have to remember these are our tests...we know the true islam, and the ones that use God's name to kill will NOT take our faith away from us.

6:09 AM  
Blogger acidrocks said...

Everytime something like this happens, the so called Islamic jihadis terrorists are blamed. SO its like an easy excuse for people to blame our religion. These people are using the word Jehad for thier own political means . I get so worried with the hatred that is being spread.

8:04 AM  
Blogger acidrocks said...

We need a new post...kahan ho ...???

9:08 AM  
Blogger thorswheels said...

Hi. Nice post. Indeed, Islam seems to be the most misunderstood and misinterpreted religion.

How's your work coming along?

9:12 AM  
Blogger Tridib said...

Nice post. I completely identify with your sense of outrage!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

fool on the hill: work is as usual.getting tired of being on the edge. n getting up at 6 in the delhi winters is painful..
but such is life...n we shall live.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home