Monday, June 27, 2005

Showers of blessings





Showers of blessing
Showers of blessing we need
Mercy drops round us our falling
But for the showers we plead


We used to sing this song in our school assembly and after years, I felt like singing this song again yesterday when it rained. It has been raining, drizzling is more like it, since yesterday and the weather is good.

When I was travelling to office yesterday, for the first time in all these days it felt like I was on a trip or something. The weather was cool, with a light breeze blowing and a slight drizzle, for once the RJ banter was tolerable and there was some great music playing. It felt great.

But the picture just fell short of becoming perfect when the car screeched to a halt and we realised that there was a flat tyre.

I have finally made up mind to complain about the driver. I had promised myself that I won't but I have realised that he is incorrigible. I can forgive the regular late arrivals and a flat tyre every second day but last night he reaches office at 12 (when I am supposed to leave at 10:30) with a car whose headlights, indicator, horn and wiper don't work. Its raining and he expects me to risk leaving from Gurgaon at 12:30 at night alone with him. When I tell him that how can we go out in the rain in a car with none of the lights working he replies, there is enough light on the roads. I am so irritated by then, that I can't say anything...

So thats that, I have shown enough compassion and today I am complaining against him no matter what...

But thank God for the mercy drops around us.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tridib said...

Cool photos. So are you using the Blogger photo uploading software or Helios? Also, what's that title photo? It's a nebula, it's a solar flare, it's...???

10:19 AM  
Blogger Roshomon said...

They are autumn flowers!!!

5:23 AM  
Blogger The Marauder's Map said...

Ha ha feel so sorry for you Delhi types. Bangalore is so superbly, deliciously cool. Wouldn'texchange Bangalore's weather for anything in the world, no, not even cheap shopping in janpath and sarojini nagar.

11:43 PM  
Blogger SeizeTheNite said...

Thats a beautiful photo...

I'm enjoying the rain today too...

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home