Monday, June 20, 2005

Bloody bond

No matter how much I hate the banter on the various radio stations the truth is that sometimes they really do play good music. Last night when I was on my way back from office, they were playing 'Rhoot ke humse kabhi... from Jo Jeeta....the song brought back a flood of memories.

Is it really possible for siblings to grow apart so much after a certain age that it sometimes becomes difficult to imagine that you actually came from the same home?

Some once told me that the person closest to you after your mother is your sibling. Its probably true. Afterall you might not have a choice here but thats the only person you share the womb with.

I wonder if anyone remembers the first time they see their bother/sister, I mean does the first time ever register...

You grow up in the same house, share chocolates (in my case bone- marrows), learn the first smattering of hi-fi sounding words, share secrets and sometimes, aspire in more ways than one to be like the other person...

And then one day things change, you go different ways and when you at times pause to think, you wonder is this the same person you shared so much with?

I guess it happens with all relationships...but the song reminded me of just this one...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tridib said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Tridib said...

I don't remember the first time I saw you, but I remember pushing your pram, dragging you to school, seeing you perform with others on stage at school and wonder how thin you were compared with the others. I remember seeing you off on your first day of college, see the tears of joy in your eyes when you made it to ACJ...

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home