Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Its blazing out here...

Image of the sun taken on Jan. 19, 2005, at 2:19 p.m. EST.















The heat has already claimed one life in Delhi and the next is going to be mine...the time I come to office (thats about at 2 in the afternoon) its the worst.

The heat wave in the North continues without any respite, and while I have the luxury of travelling in the office car, I just wonder how people risk it on a two-wheeler.

Sweat trickles down from every part of the body (so much for Delhi having low humidity) and when the hot breeze hits against my face, I'm sure that one more day and I will not survive this...but I do and the next day I am again going through hell wondering how long? Just how long?

This is the only time I don't regret working on the desk, my reporting skills can be sharpened later, if I had to move out to do a story then I am sure that I wouldn't be writing this blog today.

Anyway, office was brighter today, there was a b'day celebration and we got free cake and iced tea. I mean the others paid but since I am on the link shift, they missed me but I didn't miss the cake...Ha Ha...

So much for my greed and enjoying the free treat, I ate 2 pieces and the 500 gms that I had lost is back. Such is life and we shall live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home