Wednesday, June 15, 2005

RJ banter

I'll kill myself if I have to listen to another program of 'Tashan 91'...every afternoon when I board the car and try to divert my mind off the hour-long journey to Gurgaon in the scorching heat, invariably the driver is playing Radio City and there is Priyanka in her monotonous tone talking about college admissions on 'Tashan 91'...

I wonder why a programme on college admissions is called that, probably its called that anyways regardless of whether they are doing colleges or anything else...but believe you me, every time I hear Priyanka saying 'Tashan 91', I have this overwhelming urge to slap her...

And its not only Priyanka, most of the RJs talk such a lot of rubbish that I wonder whether they ever pause a moment to think what they are saying...the other night there was something called 'Love Guru' playing and just because it was a love programme the RJs were trying to sound...I don't exactly know how to describe it but I guess they were trying to sound seductive...but I felt they sounded constipated more than anything else...the other day, there was a couple trying to sound playful but they came through...nevermind what they came through as but after a while I felt like throwing my steel water-bottle at the dashboard so, that the banter stopped...

I don't know whether it just the distance and the timings (its always either on my way to office or from it) at which I hear the radio that evokes such strong emotions or others also feel the same... but I remember back in my college days (and thats too long ago) there used to be some really good programmes like 'Wicked Hour' and something-on-broken-hearts...

Its real a pity that the radio as a media is totally unexploited (check
http://www.exchange4media.com/e4m/Radio/radiospeak.asp?rsid=41) , there is such a lot of unexplored space and all we get to hear is the meaningless banter and repetitive Hindi movie songs...

I don't have an issue with them playing songs but 24X7, all the frequencies doing the same thing, with no innovation whatsoever, thats what I have a problem with...

Anyway, we can just hope that there will be some changes sometime in the future, till then happy listening...


2 Comments:

Blogger Tridib said...

I agree that there's a lot of bullshit on the air nowadays, but then what do you expect from straight-out-of-college types with microphones and a licence to blabber non-stop. Consider yourself lucky that you did not have to hear the execrable Samsheer Singh Luthra, who was so in love with his voice that he would drone on endlessly and make you feel like tearing your hair out in frustration!

7:40 AM  
Blogger acidrocks said...

Dont worry if everthing goes fine u will soon get an I POD for yourself....u can load the songs of your choice and u will be free from listening to these stupid rjs.... and that will also remind u of someone......

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home